You are hereSky Gallery ›
Sky Gallery Application
Sky Gallery is an outlet for local artists to display their work on possibly the largest canvas in town – billboards!
Submissions will be accepted for review through Friday, March 3, 2017.
- Established and emerging artists are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must be based in Champaign County.
- Original artwork must fit appropriately within the panoramic format of the billboard in order to ensure an effective presentation (see details below)
- Artwork must be of an appropriate nature for public family-friendly viewing.
- All genres, styles, and media will be considered.
- Previousy commissioned or commercial work is not eligible
Submissions will be accepted for review through Friday, March 3, 2017. Six winners will be chosen by a jury made up of representatives of the Champaign County community and will have their piece showcased on a custom 10ft x 30ft billboard.
SUBMITTING IMAGES FOR REVIEW
- jpeg format
- each artist may submit up to 3 pieces
- images must be 4600 x 1300 pixels, 300 dpi
- each file should be named as follows “lastname_firstname_01.jpg” - i.e. “smith_jane_01.jpg
Send digital images to firstname.lastname@example.org or provide 40 North with CD, DVD, USB flash drive (clearly labeled with artist’s name) and send to 106 S Neil St, Champaign IL 61820
If you are unable to provide a digital submission or have difficulty with the formatting listed above, please contact Kelly White at 217.351.9841 or email@example.com to make alternative arrangements.
Non-refundable entry fee: $10/image, up to 3 images (payment must be received by March 8, 2017 in order to be reviewed by the jury)
- checks payable to 40 North or click the link below to pay with credit card:
All submission fees go directly toward the processing and printing involved in helping sustain the Sky Gallery program for the entire community to enjoy.