You are hereBoneyard Arts Festival ›
GUIDELINES FOR BEING A BONEYARD VENUE
How Do I Find An Artist/Performer for Boneyard?
- Post on the Boneyard Blog that you are seeking an artist/performer for your venue
- Check out the Artist Directory here on 40north.org
- Attend the Boneyard Connect social
I Found a Great Artist, Now What Should I Do?
- Figure out the details, dates, and hours of the event
- Discuss if there will be an admission fee, work for sale, etc.
- Fill out a registration form with your artist
- Free for artists, but venues must pay $50 registration fee to be included in the official Boneyard Map and online on 40north.org
- Venue must provide copy of proof of liability insurance (most businesses have this-just in case anyone gets hurt!)
Tips for Having a Successful Boneyard Show
- You and your artist/performer should self-promote your show to get the most foot traffic possible! Make flyers, post event on free community calendars. Create a Facebook event and share it with your friends and customers.
- Have a special event to kick off your show. Organize an opening reception with light refreshments. Feature live music. Offer an open critique, demo or workshop.