Assists in the development and implementation of a variety of programs and events; assists in the development of marketing materials for print, web, and social media vehicles. Reports to the 40 North Executive Director.
- Assist with the coordination and marketing of 40 North’s programs including Friday Night Live, Poetry Out Loud, Sky Gallery, MTD ART, Community Supported Art, and the Eric Show.
- Work with the Executive Director to support and implement 40 North events: Untitled, Boneyard Arts Festival and ACE Awards.
- Under supervision of the Executive Director and in conjunction with the Resource Development Committee, help secure sponsorships for 40 North events, programs and services.
- Assist in the development of effective marketing materials for print, web, and social media vehicles. Work with the director to manage and update content on 40 North website.
- Assist with the grant-supported Friday Night Live program for downtown Champaign, selecting and working with artists to contract for outdoor performances
- Work in partnership with Executive Director to manage the ERIC Show competition and exhibition of visual arts by area high school students, recruiting participation of teachers and other stakeholders, identifying and working with exhibit venues and managing annual art exhibition
- Coordinate 40 North effort to act as regional representative for annual Poetry Out Loud high school recitation curriculum and competition, recruiting participation from teachers and other stakeholders, identifying and working with venues for the regional final, and acting as a resource for program participants
- Attend committee meetings where appropriate and work in partnership with the Executive Director to create agendas and manage committee projects
- Assist with the implementation of effective recruitment and marketing plans in support of specific programs as well as the organization in general.
Work with the Executive Director to:
- Develop and update content on the 40 North website, posting news and calendar items and building online promotion for 40 North programs and services
- Assist with the content of regular eBlasts and other electronic communication
- Coordinate volunteers and interns to support 40 North events
- Assist with the planning and implementation of 40 North social media
- Also assist the Executive Director with:
- preparing the annual 40 North work plan for board approval and implement that plan with board guidance
- preparing annual budget for executive committee review and 40 North board approval
- preparing an annual report of 40 North accomplishments for presentation to the board and major funders during their budget process
Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Director
Please send resume and relevant cover letter to Kelly White at email@example.com with the subject line: Programs & Events Coordinator